domingo, 21 de febrero de 2016

Jazz Caribe Video Premiere: Alfredo Rodriguez Trio's "Tocororo" and release new album in Jazz Standard, NY


Cuban pianist Alfredo Rodriguez and his trio will release Tocororo, their new Quincy Jones produced album, on March 4. Jazz Caribe is pleased to present the exclusive premiere of the title track. In the following paragraph, Rodriguez explains the title.
"My new album is titled after the bird Tocororo, the national bird of Cuba, which  dies of sadness if caged. This title track features Ganavya, a talented American Indian vocalist we just started working with. When I close my eyes and hear her voice I don't just hear her tone, I hear the melody that moves over the song just as the bird would over the sky. I think her voice really captured the message behind the song. Thank you to my brother Michael Olivera on drums who helped me arrange the song and Reinier Elizarde on bass. We've come a long way since school in Cuba!
The celebration of this launch is initiated from 3 to 6 March 2016 on the site Jazz Standard in New York City and continued in Europe:
Paris, France in New Morning April 19
Terni, Italy in Auditorium Gazzoli April 21


¡¡Viva The Latin Jazz!!


www.jazzcaribe.blogspot.com             jazzcaribe@hotmail.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario